The Thunderbirds broke a 1-1 tie five minutes into the third period en route to a win in Kent.
Roberts Lipsbergs broke a tie in the fifth minute of the third period, helping the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 3-1 win over the Tri-City Americans on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game in Kent.
Seattle was outshot 45-27 by Tri-City, but T-birds goalie Brandon Glover made 44 saves.
At Everett 6, Spokane 5
Kohl Bauml scored a pair of goals, and the Silvertips held on for the win.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
Everett took a 3-0 lead in the first period and led 6-2 entering the third period.