The Thunderbirds broke a 1-1 tie five minutes into the third period en route to a win in Kent.
Roberts Lipsbergs broke a tie in the fifth minute of the third period, helping the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 3-1 win over the Tri-City Americans on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game in Kent.
Seattle was outshot 45-27 by Tri-City, but T-birds goalie Brandon Glover made 44 saves.
At Everett 6, Spokane 5
Kohl Bauml scored a pair of goals, and the Silvertips held on for the win.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's mammoth cutter head emerges from tunnel vault
Most Read Stories
Everett took a 3-0 lead in the first period and led 6-2 entering the third period.