Taran Kozun stopped 35 shots, leading the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 4-0 win over the Spokane Chiefs on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game at the ShoWare Center in Kent.
Seattle took control with three power-play goals in the second period.
Mathew Barzal broke the scoreless game in the seventh minute of the second period, and Branden Troock doubled Seattle’s lead six minutes later on his 21st goal of the season.
Less than a minute after Troock’s goal, Ryan Gropp scored. Gropp scored again in the final period for the Thunderbirds.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver