Taran Kozun stopped 35 shots, leading the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 4-0 win over the Spokane Chiefs on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game at the ShoWare Center in Kent.
Seattle took control with three power-play goals in the second period.
Mathew Barzal broke the scoreless game in the seventh minute of the second period, and Branden Troock doubled Seattle’s lead six minutes later on his 21st goal of the season.
Less than a minute after Troock’s goal, Ryan Gropp scored. Gropp scored again in the final period for the Thunderbirds.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem