Taran Kozun stopped 35 shots, leading the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 4-0 win over the Spokane Chiefs on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game at the ShoWare Center in Kent.
Seattle took control with three power-play goals in the second period.
Mathew Barzal broke the scoreless game in the seventh minute of the second period, and Branden Troock doubled Seattle’s lead six minutes later on his 21st goal of the season.
Less than a minute after Troock’s goal, Ryan Gropp scored. Gropp scored again in the final period for the Thunderbirds.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?