Taran Kozun stopped 35 shots, leading the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 4-0 win over the Spokane Chiefs on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game at the ShoWare Center in Kent.
Seattle took control with three power-play goals in the second period.
Mathew Barzal broke the scoreless game in the seventh minute of the second period, and Branden Troock doubled Seattle’s lead six minutes later on his 21st goal of the season.
Less than a minute after Troock’s goal, Ryan Gropp scored. Gropp scored again in the final period for the Thunderbirds.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work