Taran Kozun stopped 35 shots, leading the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 4-0 win over the Spokane Chiefs on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game at the ShoWare Center in Kent.
Seattle took control with three power-play goals in the second period.
Mathew Barzal broke the scoreless game in the seventh minute of the second period, and Branden Troock doubled Seattle’s lead six minutes later on his 21st goal of the season.
Less than a minute after Troock’s goal, Ryan Gropp scored. Gropp scored again in the final period for the Thunderbirds.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space