LOS ANGELES – Jonathan Quick made 28 saves in his 27th career shutout, Dustin Brown scored early in the third period and the Los Angeles Kings beat Vancouver 1-0 on Monday night.
The Kings improved to 4-0 against the Canucks this season. Rookie Eddie Lack made 19 saves for Vancouver, which has one victory in its last seven games (1-3-3).
The Canucks had 69 minutes in penalties, compared with 40 for the Kings in a chippy game that included a fight between Brown and Vancouver’s Ryan Kesler — who will be teammates on the U.S. Olympic squad next month.
“We just don’t like them very much, so they’re always going to get our best effort,” Kings forward Jordan Nolan said.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
Most Read Stories
The first period included an 8:13 man-advantage stretch for the Kings after Tom Sestito of Vancouver was ejected for attempting to instigate a fight with Nolan.