KELOWNA, B.C. — Damon Severson scored a goal and assisted on two others, all in the second period to break a 2-2 tie, as the Kelowna Rockets beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 6-3 Saturday night.
The victory gives Kelowna a 2-0 lead in its best-of-seven Western Hockey League playoff series with Seattle.
The series moves to Kent for Games 3 and 4 on Tuesday and Wednesday, both at 7:05 p.m. at ShoWare Center.
Kelowna jumped out a 2-0 lead before Roberts Lipbergs and Scott Eansor scored goals to tie it up.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
Alexander Delnov scored early in the third period to cut Seattle’s deficit to 5-3. But the Rockets held on and got an empty-net goal late.
From Internet reports