KELOWNA, B.C. — Damon Severson scored a goal and assisted on two others, all in the second period to break a 2-2 tie, as the Kelowna Rockets beat the Seattle Thunderbirds 6-3 Saturday night.
The victory gives Kelowna a 2-0 lead in its best-of-seven Western Hockey League playoff series with Seattle.
The series moves to Kent for Games 3 and 4 on Tuesday and Wednesday, both at 7:05 p.m. at ShoWare Center.
Kelowna jumped out a 2-0 lead before Roberts Lipbergs and Scott Eansor scored goals to tie it up.
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
Most Read Stories
Alexander Delnov scored early in the third period to cut Seattle’s deficit to 5-3. But the Rockets held on and got an empty-net goal late.
From Internet reports