Tyson Baillie’s goal in the second period proved to be the deciding goal as the host Kelowna Rockets earned a 6-3 victory over the Everett Silvertips on Wednesday night.
The Rockets scored the first three goals before Everett’s Joshua Winquist scored. But Baillie answered 26 seconds later for a 4-1 Kelowna lead.
Everett got to 4-3 on goals by Winquist and Manraj Hayer, with Winquist assisting. Kelowna scored two empty-net goals in the final two minutes.
Everett’s Austin Lotz made 24 saves. Everett was 0 for 5 on the power play.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
• The Seattle University women’s basketball team will host a Play 4Kay Breast Cancer Awareness Game on Feb. 1 at 2 p.m. against Idaho.
The game honors Kay Yow, the former North Carolina State coach who died of breast cancer in 2009. With the creation of the Kay Yow/WBCA Cancer Fund in 2007, Yow hoped to raise money to further cutting-edge research, as well as give cancer patients access to experimental drugs and clinical trials. The fund has raised more than $7 million.
From sports-information reports.