The Everett Silvertips got off to a fast start, then held off a late rally in a 3-2 victory over visiting Tri-City on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
The Silvertips opened the scoring in the second minute on Carson Stadnyk’s 18th goal of the season. Everett doubled its lead six minutes later on a power-play goal by Jujhar Khaira and took a 3-0 lead early in third period on a goal by Manraj Hayer.
Tri-City made it interesting late, cutting the deficit to one with 2:08 remaining.
Austin Lotz saved 25 shots for Everett.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit