The Everett Silvertips got off to a fast start, then held off a late rally in a 3-2 victory over visiting Tri-City on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
The Silvertips opened the scoring in the second minute on Carson Stadnyk’s 18th goal of the season. Everett doubled its lead six minutes later on a power-play goal by Jujhar Khaira and took a 3-0 lead early in third period on a goal by Manraj Hayer.
Tri-City made it interesting late, cutting the deficit to one with 2:08 remaining.
Austin Lotz saved 25 shots for Everett.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say