The Everett Silvertips got off to a fast start, then held off a late rally in a 3-2 victory over visiting Tri-City on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
The Silvertips opened the scoring in the second minute on Carson Stadnyk’s 18th goal of the season. Everett doubled its lead six minutes later on a power-play goal by Jujhar Khaira and took a 3-0 lead early in third period on a goal by Manraj Hayer.
Tri-City made it interesting late, cutting the deficit to one with 2:08 remaining.
Austin Lotz saved 25 shots for Everett.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL