The Everett Silvertips got off to a fast start, then held off a late rally in a 3-2 victory over visiting Tri-City on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
The Silvertips opened the scoring in the second minute on Carson Stadnyk’s 18th goal of the season. Everett doubled its lead six minutes later on a power-play goal by Jujhar Khaira and took a 3-0 lead early in third period on a goal by Manraj Hayer.
Tri-City made it interesting late, cutting the deficit to one with 2:08 remaining.
Austin Lotz saved 25 shots for Everett.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival