The Everett Silvertips got off to a fast start, then held off a late rally in a 3-2 victory over visiting Tri-City on Friday night in a Western Hockey League game.
The Silvertips opened the scoring in the second minute on Carson Stadnyk’s 18th goal of the season. Everett doubled its lead six minutes later on a power-play goal by Jujhar Khaira and took a 3-0 lead early in third period on a goal by Manraj Hayer.
Tri-City made it interesting late, cutting the deficit to one with 2:08 remaining.
Austin Lotz saved 25 shots for Everett.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport