EVERETT — Mirco Mueller scored the deciding goal halfway through the third period as the Everett Silvertips picked up an important 2-1 victory over the Seattle Thunderbirds in Western Hockey League action Friday night.
With the victory, Everett improves to 29-23-7-1 and stays solidly in seventh place in the Western Conference as eight teams fight for playoff positions.
The Thunderbirds fall to 37-19-2-3, but still hold securely to fourth place in the Western Conference.
Mueller’s goal, the fourth this season for the defenseman, gave the Silvertips a 2-0 lead at Comcast Arena.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
Most Read Stories
Dawson Leedahl opened the scoring for Everett quickly, 1:41 into the game. It was the sixth goal of the season for the left wing.
Justin Hickman scored the lone Seattle goal with 1:03 left. It was the 20th goal for the center.
Goaltender Austin Lotz made 17 saves for the Silvertips.
Taran Kozun had 26 saves in the losing effort for Seattle. Everett had a solid 28-18 advantage in shots.
From league reports