Kohl Bauml had two goals and Ryan Murray had a season-best three assists as the Everett Silvertips earned a 3-1 victory over the Swift Current...
SWIFT CURRENT, Saskatchewan — Kohl Bauml had two goals and Ryan Murray had a season-best three assists as the Everett Silvertips earned a 3-1 victory over the Swift Current Broncos in a Western Hockey League game Wednesday.
The Silvertips (3-7-0-1) got two first-period goals, one from Bauml and one from Joshua Winquist. Murray, the No. 2 overall pick in the NHL draft, has two goals and six assists.
Chance Lund scored for the Broncos (4-3-3-1).
Daniel Cotton made 28 of 29 saves for the Silvertips.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
• Former Washington State quarterback Mark Rypien, 50, is tied for 37th with a 158 after two rounds of the Champions Tour Stage 1 of qualifying at Bear Creek Golf Club in Murrieta, Calif. Rypien, a two-time Super Bowl champion with Washington, shot 77 after opening with an 81.
Jeff Brehaut is the leader at Bear Creek with a 134 after shooting his second round of 67.
• Corban University scored two second-half goals to defeat Northwest University 2-0 in Cascade Conference men’s soccer play. Tyler Hagen scored both Corban (6-5-3, 5-4-1 CCC) goals. For Northwest (8-5-1, 6-4), goalkeeper Joe Galbraith had seven saves.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.