CHICAGO – Duncan Keith had a goal and three assists, and the Chicago Blackhawks used a four-goal third period to finish off the St. Louis Blues with a 5-1 victory in Game 6 of their first-round Western Conference series on Sunday.
Chicago won four in a row in the best-of-seven series after a slow start in St. Louis. The defending Stanley Cup champions will play Minnesota or Colorado next.
Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp, Andrew Shaw and Keith scored in the third period as the Blackhawks improved to 14-2 in home playoff games over the last two years. Corey Crawford made 35 saves, keeping Chicago in a tie game when the Blues controlled the second period.
St. Louis was a mere 2 for 29 on the power play in the series.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
Ducks 5, at Stars 4 (OT)
Nick Bonino scored 2:47 into overtime, after getting one of Anaheim’s two goals in the last 2:10 of the third period, and the Ducks rallied to win Game 6 and oust Dallas from the postseason.
Anaheim’s Devante Smith-Pelly forced overtime when he scored after a wild scramble in front of the net with 24 seconds left in the third period.
At Rangers 4, Flyers 2
Brad Richards and Dominic Moore scored second-period goals, and Henrik Lundqvist made 24 saves as New York took a 3-2 lead over Philadelphia in their first-round Eastern Conference series.