Anyone up for a 21-bun salute? Mark Roberts, whose streaking credits include a Super Bowl, the Ryder Cup and Pamplona's Running of the Bulls...
Anyone up for a 21-bun salute?
Mark Roberts, whose streaking credits include a Super Bowl, the Ryder Cup and Pamplona’s Running of the Bulls among 518 events, says he’s ready to keep his clothes on.
“I’m retiring,” the 48-year-old Brit told the London Independent, “but I want to do one last mass streak with hundreds or thousands of people …
“I put a message on my website, but I only got one or two people answering it. And I’m pretty sure one was a policeman.”
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
• At TheOnion.com: “Cubs, Absence From World Series agree to 4-year extension.”
• At SportsPickle.com: “Winded pitchers and catchers to call it a day.”
Four Alabama football players have been arrested in connection with two on-campus robberies.
Investigators had no trouble figuring the football angle: One suspect saw hands in the air and immediately broke into a touchdown dance.
He’s a 12th man
And then there is the Raiders fan who refuses to take off his Kenny Stabler jersey.
He heard it’s the Year of the Snake.
Among the top 10 questions on the Sports Illustrated swimsuit-model application, from CBS’s David Letterman:
• “Will you keep your mouth shut if we lose a couple girls to shark attacks?
• “Are you willing to kiss a tubby guy for a Super Bowl commercial?
• “How would Brent Musburger describe you?”
Bit of drama
The Canadiens’ Max Pacioretty says the Maple Leafs’ Mikhail Grabovski bit him on the arm in Toronto’s 6-0 win Saturday night.
Or as it’s known in puck circles, channeling his inner Mad Dog Madigan.
Talking the talk
• Mark Roberts, to The Independent, on giving up streaking: “It’s addictive, making people laugh and seeing them on their feet, cheering. I need something else for the adrenaline. I might take up skydiving.”
• Comedy writer Alan Ray, on what the game and the concession stands have in common on NBA All-Star weekend: “Overpriced hot dogs.”
• TNT’s Conan O’Brien, on the NFL’s best hope to avoid another blackout at next year’s Super Bowl in New Jersey: “Keeping Chris Christie away from his microwave.”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am combining pro athletes with amateurs: “It’s the same basic idea as the Charlotte Bobcats’ roster.”
The University of Miami is mulling a name change for its Alex Rodriguez Baseball Park in light of the latest HGH allegations against the Yankee slugger.
To what, Centaur Field?
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org