A look at some of this weekend's top high-school football games.
Seattle Prep at Glacier Peak, Friday, 7:30 p.m., Snohomish High School
Pick: Glacier Peak, 35-17
Comment: Prep RBs Teré Calloway, Charlie Brennan are formidable one-two punch, but Glacier Peak has more balance.
Lakes at O’Dea, Saturday, 4 p.m., Memorial Stadium (Seattle)
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Pick: O’Dea, 35-17
Comment: Lakes is coming off first SPSL 3A loss in 30 games; O’Dea has long tradition of playoff success.
Curtis at Bothell, Saturday, 7 p.m., Pop Keeney Stadium (Bothell)
Pick: Bothell, 35-34
Comment: Bothell’s path has been anything but smooth and straight, but Blue Train chugs into round of 16.
Kentlake at Lake Stevens, Saturday, 7 p.m.
Pick: Kentlake, 28-27
Comment: Hear that snap? It’s the end of Vikings’ five-game win streak, and season.