YAKIMA — Forest Ridge’s Michelle Lui started her march Friday toward a fourth straight Class 1A-2B-1B state singles championship at Yakima’s West Valley High School.
Lui won her first-round match against La Salle’s Issabella James and quarterfinal versus Megan Robinson of Chelan by identical 6-0, 6-0 scores.
If Lui wins in Saturday’s semifinal and championship round, she would join The Bush School’s Liz Lewis (2004-07) and University Prep’s Erica Perkins (1994-97) as four-time champions of the tournament.
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Expedia expected to announce Seattle move
- Seahawks re-sign FB/DL Will Tukuafu
- Seattle traffic congestion: We're No. 5
Most Read Stories
• In the 3A boys singles tournament, Connor Garnett of Interlake advanced to the semifinals after a 6-4, 6-1 win over Hunter Egger of Bellevue and a 6-0, 6-0 victory over Janrick Peros of Mount Tahoma. Garnett will face Wyatt DeMulling of Highline in the semifinals on Saturday.
• Catherine Allen and Cello Lockwood, both of Holy Names, reached the 3A girls state semifinals, where they will face each other on Saturday.