YAKIMA — Forest Ridge’s Michelle Lui started her march Friday toward a fourth straight Class 1A-2B-1B state singles championship at Yakima’s West Valley High School.
Lui won her first-round match against La Salle’s Issabella James and quarterfinal versus Megan Robinson of Chelan by identical 6-0, 6-0 scores.
If Lui wins in Saturday’s semifinal and championship round, she would join The Bush School’s Liz Lewis (2004-07) and University Prep’s Erica Perkins (1994-97) as four-time champions of the tournament.
- One flight missed, whole trip gets canceled. And no refund
- So how did the Seahawks' draft grade out?
- Delta's rivalry with Alaska Air triggers benefits, risks
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Washington star Nigel Williams-Goss transfers to Gonzaga
Most Read Stories
• In the 3A boys singles tournament, Connor Garnett of Interlake advanced to the semifinals after a 6-4, 6-1 win over Hunter Egger of Bellevue and a 6-0, 6-0 victory over Janrick Peros of Mount Tahoma. Garnett will face Wyatt DeMulling of Highline in the semifinals on Saturday.
• Catherine Allen and Cello Lockwood, both of Holy Names, reached the 3A girls state semifinals, where they will face each other on Saturday.