YAKIMA — Forest Ridge’s Michelle Lui captured her fourth straight Class 1A-2B-1B state tennis singles title Saturday at West Valley High School in Yakima.
She defeated Cashmere’s Paiton Wagner 6-4, 6-2 in the championship match.
Lui, who won all 16 of her state matches in straight sets and nine of them by a score of 6-0, 6-0, joins The Bush School’s Liz Lewis (2004-07) and University Prep’s Erica Perkins (1994-97) as four-time champions of the tournament.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
Most Read Stories
• Jason Lui of Newport beat Issaquah’s Jack Suh, 6-4, 6-2, to win the 4A singles title. Newport also captured the team title.
• Interlake’s Connor Garnett beat Lakeside’s Daniel Park, 6-2, 6-4, to win the 3A singles title. Matt Seifert and Ben Elliott won the state doubles title for Mercer Island, which also took the team title.
• Inglemoor’s Sabrina DeMerath placed second and Alexita Fife of Garfield was third in the 4A girls singles tournament. Garfield edged Inglemoor for the team title.
• Catherine Allen of Holy Names beat Lakeside’s Viv Daniel, 6-1, 6-1, to capture the 3A girls singles title. Mercer Island’s Gabriella Venditti and Lydia Venditti captures the doubles title. Mercer Island beat out Holy Names for the 3A team title.