Seattle Times prep Stars of the Week for Jan. 27-Feb. 2.
Kennedy Catholic diving
Donohue, a senior, exceeded his personal best by nearly 40 points with a school-record 454.75 to easily win the Seamount League championship. His efforts helped the Lancers win the team swim title. Donohue placed second in diving at the 3A state meet last year.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
Verduin, a junior guard, was a three-point wizard in two wins as the Beavers reached the playoffs for the first time in five years. She scored 21 points (hitting 3 of 6 three-point attempts) in an overtime win over Redmond, and nailed 8 of 10 behind the arc en route to a season-high 26 points against Roosevelt.
Skyline wrestling team
The Spartans of coach Gus Kiss won seven of 14 weight classes to capture the team championship at the KingCo 4A subregional tournament. They finished with 229 points to 209 for second-place Issaquah.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to email@example.com.