Seattle Times Stars of the Week for March 11-17.
Newport boys soccer
Thompson, a junior forward, scored eight goals to help the Knights start 3-0. He had a hat trick in a 4-2 win over Juanita. Thompson added four goals — including the first three of the match — in a 6-3 victory over Inglemoor. He got one more against Arlington, a 4-1 win.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
Most Read Stories
Lamphere, a senior second baseman, keyed three Panthers victories by going 7 for 11 with five runs, three runs batted in and four steals in four attempts.
boys soccer team
The Chargers, coached by Geoff Kittle, started the season with victories over Mountlake Terrace and Everett, both by 3-0 scores.
Stars of the week are published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to email@example.com.