Seattle Times Stars of the Week for March 3-9.
Riley, a senior outfielder, highlighted a nine-run second inning with a grand slam as the Chargers opened the season with a 21-11 victory over Bethel. He finished 3 for 4, adding two singles, with seven runs batted in and three scored.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
Honey, a senior catcher, went 3 for 4 with two doubles and a walkoff home run in the bottom of the seventh inning as the Cougars rallied from a 14-11 deficit to beat Tahoma, 15-14. She drove in four runs.
Lynnwood girls golf team
Coach Glenn Chinn’s Royals won the Edmonds School District Tournament at Nile Golf Course with 261 strokes, five fewer than second-place Edmonds-Woodway. Lynnwood’s Izzy Maza and Vicki Lee finished 1-2.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to email@example.com.