Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Jan. 16-21.
Young, a senior, scored an impressive 462.10 to win the WesCo 3A sectional meet by more than 100 points. It tops the 439.60 he earned to win the 3A state title last season.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
Rielly, a sophomore guard, matched her career high with 27 points in a 66-52 win that knocked Glacier Peak out of first place in WesCo 3A. She also had 12 rebounds.
Lake Washington boys basketball team
The Kangaroos upset Lincoln of Tacoma at the King Holiday Hoopfest, 68-58, behind Darien Nelson-Henry’s 35 points, 15 rebounds, four blocks and three assists. Lincoln was ranked No. 4 in Class 3A at the time.
Nominations may be emailed
by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org