Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Jan. 16-21.
Young, a senior, scored an impressive 462.10 to win the WesCo 3A sectional meet by more than 100 points. It tops the 439.60 he earned to win the 3A state title last season.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Seattle among top 10 most densely populated big cities in the U.S. for first time ever
Most Read Stories
Rielly, a sophomore guard, matched her career high with 27 points in a 66-52 win that knocked Glacier Peak out of first place in WesCo 3A. She also had 12 rebounds.
Lake Washington boys basketball team
The Kangaroos upset Lincoln of Tacoma at the King Holiday Hoopfest, 68-58, behind Darien Nelson-Henry’s 35 points, 15 rebounds, four blocks and three assists. Lincoln was ranked No. 4 in Class 3A at the time.
Nominations may be emailed
by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org