Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Jan. 16-21.
Young, a senior, scored an impressive 462.10 to win the WesCo 3A sectional meet by more than 100 points. It tops the 439.60 he earned to win the 3A state title last season.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says
Most Read Stories
Rielly, a sophomore guard, matched her career high with 27 points in a 66-52 win that knocked Glacier Peak out of first place in WesCo 3A. She also had 12 rebounds.
Lake Washington boys basketball team
The Kangaroos upset Lincoln of Tacoma at the King Holiday Hoopfest, 68-58, behind Darien Nelson-Henry’s 35 points, 15 rebounds, four blocks and three assists. Lincoln was ranked No. 4 in Class 3A at the time.
Nominations may be emailed
by Sunday night to email@example.com