Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Jan. 16-21.
Young, a senior, scored an impressive 462.10 to win the WesCo 3A sectional meet by more than 100 points. It tops the 439.60 he earned to win the 3A state title last season.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Rielly, a sophomore guard, matched her career high with 27 points in a 66-52 win that knocked Glacier Peak out of first place in WesCo 3A. She also had 12 rebounds.
Lake Washington boys basketball team
The Kangaroos upset Lincoln of Tacoma at the King Holiday Hoopfest, 68-58, behind Darien Nelson-Henry’s 35 points, 15 rebounds, four blocks and three assists. Lincoln was ranked No. 4 in Class 3A at the time.
Nominations may be emailed
by Sunday night to email@example.com