Seattle Times Stars of the Week for March 10-16.
Mount Si soccer
Clearman, a senior forward, scored a career-high four goals in the Wildcats’ season-opening 6-3 victory over Issaquah. The score was tied 2-2 when he punched in his second and third goals four minutes apart. Clearman scored just eight goals last season.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
Li, a sophomore, shot a hole-in-one on No. 7 at the Newcastle Golf Club, a 116-yard par-3 from the red tees. She finished with a one-under 35 to lead the Knights to an impressive team total of 192 strokes against Skyline.
girls tennis team
Coach Mindy Blakeslee’s Class 3A Islanders swept 4A Kamiak in a showdown of defending state champions, 7-0, and dropped just one set along the way.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to email@example.com.