Seattle Times Stars of the Week for March 10-16.
Mount Si soccer
Clearman, a senior forward, scored a career-high four goals in the Wildcats’ season-opening 6-3 victory over Issaquah. The score was tied 2-2 when he punched in his second and third goals four minutes apart. Clearman scored just eight goals last season.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
Li, a sophomore, shot a hole-in-one on No. 7 at the Newcastle Golf Club, a 116-yard par-3 from the red tees. She finished with a one-under 35 to lead the Knights to an impressive team total of 192 strokes against Skyline.
girls tennis team
Coach Mindy Blakeslee’s Class 3A Islanders swept 4A Kamiak in a showdown of defending state champions, 7-0, and dropped just one set along the way.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org.