Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Feb. 10-16.
Arch. Murphy swimming
Barnard, a senior, won two individual events and was part of two winning relays — all with meet-record performances — to lead Archbishop Murphy to the Class 2A state title, ending Sehome’s four-year run. Barnard swept the 50-yard freestyle (21.45 seconds) and 100 butterfly (50.24).
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
Federal Way wrestling
Lologo, a senior who only started wrestling last season, became the school’s first female to win a state wrestling title by taking the 155-pound crown. She pinned Kiaya Van Scoyoc, the defending state champion, in 1 minute, 55 seconds — her third pin in four state-tournament matches.
Lakeside boys swim team
Coach Sally Mingarelli’s Lions used a big second day to come from behind and edge Mercer Island, 274-271, for the 3A state championship. It’s their second title in a row. They ended the Islanders’ six-year reign in 2012.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to email@example.com.