Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Dec. 2-8.
Auburn Riverside boys basketball
Brown, a junior guard, scored a school-record 49 points in an 85-77 loss to Kentridge. The previous record was 43, by Brandon Smith in 2003. Brown buried 8 of 12 three-point attempts, missing Smith’s school record for three-pointers by one. Brown also had five rebounds and three steals.
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Rain-soaked Seattle has nation's highest water bills
Most Read Stories
Bannerot, a junior, won three of four individual events and took all-around honors with a score of 35.4 to lead the Hornets to victory in a four-way meet. She won the vault (9.4), floor exercise (9.2) and uneven parallel bars (8.2), and finished second on the balance beam (8.6).
Chief Sealth boys basketball team
Coach Colin Slingsby’s Seahawks improved to 4-0 with a pair of victories over teams that previously were unbeaten — 56-54 over Eastside Catholic and 75-56 over Bainbridge.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays.
Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to email@example.com.