Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Jan. 6-12.
Thach, a sophomore, was a double winner at the highly competitive Kentridge Invitational, sweeping the 200-yard individual medley (1:53.06) and 100 freestyle (46:38). Both times are better than the overall state leaders through Jan. 10.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
Mercer Island basketball
Brackmann, a 5-foot-11 senior guard/forward, averaged 19.3 points and five rebounds in leading the Islanders to three victories. Her last-second basket forced a second overtime against Juanita in a 57-46 victory over the Rebels, then ranked ninth in Class 3A.
Sammamish girls basketball team
Coach Loren Tillman’s Totems snapped a 110-game conference losing streak with a 46-41 KingCo 3A/2A overtime win against Interlake. They had last won a league game in January 2005.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org.