Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Oct. 1-6.
Eastside Catholic football
Reynolds, a senior quarterback, had a hand in six first-half touchdowns as the Crusaders built a 61-12 lead en route to a 67-34 victory over Rainier Beach. He completed 9 of 10 passes for 141 yards and four TDs and rushed six times for 81 yards, scoring from 28 and 20 yards.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
Marysville-Pilchuck girls swimming
Taylor, a senior, set three school records in the Mukilteo Invitational. She won the 100-yard butterfly in 57:30 seconds and was second in the 100 backstroke in 58.79. Her split of 24.62 in the 200 freestyle relay was also a school record. She added an impressive 50 butterfly split (24.62) in the medley relay, as well.
Redmond boys cross country team
The Mustangs won the 30-team Hole in the Wall Invitational at Lakewood High School with 199 points. That was two points ahead of second-place Snohomish.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to email@example.com