Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Dec. 30-Jan. 5.
Levy, a senior, won the District 2 state qualifier with an impressive score of 516.20 points, good for All-America consideration. The total was more than 100 points better than the second-place finisher. Levy placed second at last year’s Class 4A state meet.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Shorewood girls basketball
Shtikel, a 5-foot-10 senior guard, poured in a career-high 34 points to lead the Thunderbirds to a 59-49 victory over Everett. She scored 22 in the second half and had three three-pointers in the fourth quarter. Shtikel added 13 rebounds, three assists and three steals.
West Seattle boys basketball team
Keffrey Fazio’s Wildcats rallied for one of their biggest victories in years, beating then-No. 4 Franklin 70-69 after trailing by 16 in the third quarter. Jimi Martin led the Eagles with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to email@example.com.