Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Dec. 30-Jan. 5.
Levy, a senior, won the District 2 state qualifier with an impressive score of 516.20 points, good for All-America consideration. The total was more than 100 points better than the second-place finisher. Levy placed second at last year’s Class 4A state meet.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
Most Read Stories
Shorewood girls basketball
Shtikel, a 5-foot-10 senior guard, poured in a career-high 34 points to lead the Thunderbirds to a 59-49 victory over Everett. She scored 22 in the second half and had three three-pointers in the fourth quarter. Shtikel added 13 rebounds, three assists and three steals.
West Seattle boys basketball team
Keffrey Fazio’s Wildcats rallied for one of their biggest victories in years, beating then-No. 4 Franklin 70-69 after trailing by 16 in the third quarter. Jimi Martin led the Eagles with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org.