Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Dec. 30-Jan. 5.
Levy, a senior, won the District 2 state qualifier with an impressive score of 516.20 points, good for All-America consideration. The total was more than 100 points better than the second-place finisher. Levy placed second at last year’s Class 4A state meet.
- Death of Evergreen senior, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Shorewood girls basketball
Shtikel, a 5-foot-10 senior guard, poured in a career-high 34 points to lead the Thunderbirds to a 59-49 victory over Everett. She scored 22 in the second half and had three three-pointers in the fourth quarter. Shtikel added 13 rebounds, three assists and three steals.
West Seattle boys basketball team
Keffrey Fazio’s Wildcats rallied for one of their biggest victories in years, beating then-No. 4 Franklin 70-69 after trailing by 16 in the third quarter. Jimi Martin led the Eagles with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org.