Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Jan. 13-19.
The 6-foot 4 senior guard poured in a career-high 41 points in a 94-70 victory over Eastlake, hitting 15 of 23 shots (5 of 9 three-point attempts). He added seven rebounds, four assists and two steals. The UCLA recruit also had 15 points, six rebounds, five assists and three steals against Roosevelt.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
Ho, a junior, won three events and the all-around title in a meet against Roosevelt and Woodinville. She won on vault (9.5), bars (9.3) and beam (9.1) and was second in floor exercise (9.5). Her all-around total was 37.4.
Stanwood girls basketball team
Coach Dennis Kloke’s Spartans (14-2, 9-0 WesCo 3A) won three games. One was a 58-41 victory over Arlington, then ranked No. 4 in 4A, to avenge an early-season loss.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org with name.