Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Jan. 13-19.
The 6-foot 4 senior guard poured in a career-high 41 points in a 94-70 victory over Eastlake, hitting 15 of 23 shots (5 of 9 three-point attempts). He added seven rebounds, four assists and two steals. The UCLA recruit also had 15 points, six rebounds, five assists and three steals against Roosevelt.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
Most Read Stories
Ho, a junior, won three events and the all-around title in a meet against Roosevelt and Woodinville. She won on vault (9.5), bars (9.3) and beam (9.1) and was second in floor exercise (9.5). Her all-around total was 37.4.
Stanwood girls basketball team
Coach Dennis Kloke’s Spartans (14-2, 9-0 WesCo 3A) won three games. One was a 58-41 victory over Arlington, then ranked No. 4 in 4A, to avenge an early-season loss.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays. Nominations may be emailed by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org with name.