Seattle Times Stars of the Week for Feb. 24-March 2.
Rainier Beach basketball
The 5-foot-9 senior guard was voted tournament MVP after leading the Vikings to their second straight Class 3A state championship. After scoring a season-high 21 points in a semifinal victory over Franklin, he delivered 15 in an overtime victory against Lakeside for the title.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
Mount Rainier basketball
McPhee, a 6-foot senior forward, led the Class 4A state tournament in scoring (29 points per game), rebounds (15.7) and blocks (4.7) as the Rams placed third. She had 34 points, 14 rebounds and seven blocks in their lone tournament loss, 51-50 in the semifinals to eventual champion Mead of Spokane.
Coach Stephenie Wheeler-Smith’s Eagles capped a 27-2 season by winning the Class 3A state title for only the second time in school history, edging Seattle Prep in the final, 45-43 in overtime. It was their 26th consecutive victory.
Stars of the week are selected by The Seattle Times staff and published Tuesdays.