Prime Prospects, Rising Stars and preseason coaches poll for the 2012 season in the SPSL 2A.
WR/DB, 6-0, 180, Sr., Washington
Returning offensive MVP makes plays all over the field.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
NG, 6-2, 305, Jr., Fife
Quick off the ball and monster strong (he squats 550 pounds).
QB, 6-0, 195, Sr., Franklin Pierce
Dual threat was first-team all-league choice.
RB/DB, 5-10, 170, Jr., Orting
Athletic player with sprinter speed.
TE, 6-8, 280, Jr., Fife
Scholarship offers sure to come for guy with size.
RB/LB, 5-9, 185, Jr., White River
Powerful runner and hitter with great hands and 300-pound bench press.
OL/LB, 6-3, 245, Jr., Sumner
Best player on field for team not lacking talent.
RB/LB, 5-9, 185, Sr., Washington
Rushed for 1,323 yards, 15 TDs in only eight games.
• White River went from worst to first last season, sharing the title with Franklin Pierce after going 0-7 the year before.
• Orting joins the third-year league after moving up to 2A, replacing Eatonville, which dropped to 1A.
Predicted finish in a poll of coaches, with total points (first-place votes in parentheses). Coaches could not vote for their own teams:
|1. Franklin Pierce (Tacoma) (2)||64||8-3|
|2. Washington (Tacoma) (1)||61||5-5|
|3. White River (Buckley) (3)||59||7-3|
|6. (tie) Fife||38||3-7|
|8. Clover Park (Lakewood)||33||3-7|
* Orting played in Nisqually League last year.