Snohomish got 24 points from Luke Hamlin and 16 from Mitchell Stewart in a 66-57 district semifinal win over Lake Stevens
Snohomish and Jackson punched their tickets to regionals while advancing to the Northwest 4A District title game with boys basketball victories Friday night at Jackson High School.
Snohomish got 24 points from Luke Hamlin and 16 from Mitchell Stewart in a 66-57 district semifinal win over Lake Stevens. Jason Todd scored 17 as Jackson beat Stanwood 43-34.
Snohomish and Jackson, both 17-5, will play for the district title at 8 p.m. on Feb. 18 at Jackson, with the winner advancing to regionals as the district’s top seed.
Sea-King 3A District
Most Read Stories
• Marquis Davis scored 22 points and Fuquan Niles had 12 points and 10 rebounds as top-ranked Rainier Beach beat Bainbridge 76-56 in a loser-out, first-round game in the district tournament. The Vikings will play Bellevue on Tuesday.
• Fourth-ranked Seattle Prep just got by Sammamish 69-67 in a loser-out opener. D.J. Fenner got 12 of his 30 points in the third quarter for the Panthers, who trailed 25-17 after one quarter. John Steinberg scored 19 and Jacob West 18 for the Totems. Seattle Prep meets Franklin Tuesday.
• Joe Rasmussen, a 6-7 junior, scored a season-high 38 points in Mercer Island’s 89-86 overtime victory against Eastside Catholic in a first-round game. The Islanders play O’Dea Tuesday night in the quarterfinals. Joey Schreiber scored 27 for the Crusaders.
• Nathan Hale overcame 21 points by Pepé Hernandez of Chief Sealth for a 55-49 victory that eliminated the Seahawks. Hale plays Lake Washington Tuesday.
• Seattle Academy beat Meridian 77-76 in three overtimes in the Tri-District 1A tournament behind Calin Washington’s 30 points and 12 assists.