The game everyone wanted to see last year will happen this fall as high-school football powers Skyline and Bellevue will play at Husky Stadium on Sept. 7 in the Emerald City Kickoff Classic.
Skyline of Sammamish went undefeated last season and captured the Class 4A state championship. The Spartans were led by quarterback Max Browne, now at USC, and a large senior class that had played together for years.
Bellevue also capped another undefeated season as the Wolverines won their fifth straight state championship in 3A. Bellevue was led by Myles Jack, a UCLA-bound linebacker/running back, and Budda Baker, a junior who has scholarship offers from every Pac-12 school.
The WIAA will release the full schedule of games Monday.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
Most Read Stories
Both Skyline and Bellevue should enter the season ranked in the top five in their classifications — Skyline added touted quarterback Kilton Anderson, a transfer from Florida, while Bellevue will undoubtedly be ranked No. 1 in 3A.
206-464-8277 or email@example.com