Stars of the Week for Oct. 21-27, selected by The Seattle Times staff from nominations by athletic directors.
Green, a senior quarterback, led the Knights to a 55-22 victory over Lakewood for their first Cascade Conference championship. He completed 23 of 34 passes for 312 yards and six touchdowns — five in the first half, including an 81-yarder to Lucas Swanson.
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
Most Read Stories
Seattle Prep volleyball
Knight, a senior opposite hitter, keyed the Panthers’ run to Metro League tournament championship. In three games, she piled up 50 kills, 10 aces and eight blocks. Nearly half of those kills (22) came in the title match against Bainbridge.
Tahoma boys cross country team
The Bears, coached by Gary Conner, won the Class 4A Westside Classic with 93 points, finishing ahead of Gig Harbor (96) and Camas (128), which were ranked first and sixth in the state, respectively. Riley Campbell and James Dagley finished sixth and eighth, respectively, for Tahoma.
Email nominations by Sunday night to firstname.lastname@example.org.