Skyline quarterback Max Browne and Bellevue linebacker Myles Jack are the state's two blue chip recruits this year.
Quarterback, 6-5, 215, Skyline High | College: USC
Looking ahead: Browne headed to USC on Jan. 10 and enrolled for the spring semester. He will have a legitimate shot of winning the starting job when spring practices begin in early March.
Scout.com‘s Brandon Huffman: “He was as easy a No. 1 pick as we’ve had … He’s got the arm, he’s got the size, but does he have the intangibles? … The intangibles are definitely factored in (to the rankings). Max is a winner. Max is a guy players gravitate to.”
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
Most Read Stories
Linebacker, 6-2, 225, Bellevue High | College: UCLA
Looking ahead: Jack is remaining open to other college options, but has indicated he would have to be really impressed to decommit from UCLA. He projects as an outside linebacker who can rush off the end.
Scout.com’s Brandon Huffman: “Last year he was a good football player. This year I think he went to an elite college prospect. His ceiling is high. I don’t want to call him raw because he doesn’t play raw, but he’s still relatively raw in the sense that his best football is still ahead of him.”