D.J. Fenner scored 28 points and Seattle Prep earned its seventh trip to the Class 3A state tournament in the past eight years with a 76-42 rout of Shadle Park.
SPOKANE — D.J. Fenner scored 28 points and Seattle Prep earned its seventh trip to the Class 3A state tournament in the past eight years with a 76-42 rout of Shadle Park on Saturday at University High School.
The 10th-ranked Panthers (20-7) were in command from the beginning against the unranked Highlanders from Spokane, leading 22-10 after one quarter and 43-22 at halftime.
Fenner, a 6-foot-6 senior headed to Nevada next season, matched his season average while playing only about a minute and a half into the fourth quarter. He had 21 points by halftime.
Fenner hit a three-pointer, then dunked after a Laurence Hicks steal to give the Panthers a 70-35 lead late in the game.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
Jordan Kitchen added 12 points and Hicks 11 for Prep.
Skyler Kelley, one of Shadle’s top scorers, was held to two points.
At University 65, Enumclaw 57
The ninth-ranked Titans (16-7) from Spokane built an eight-point halftime lead and held on to knock out the Hornets (16-11). Perry Rockwood scored a game-high 20 points for Enumclaw.