D.J. Fenner scored 28 points and Seattle Prep earned its seventh trip to the Class 3A state tournament in the past eight years with a 76-42 rout of Shadle Park.
SPOKANE — D.J. Fenner scored 28 points and Seattle Prep earned its seventh trip to the Class 3A state tournament in the past eight years with a 76-42 rout of Shadle Park on Saturday at University High School.
The 10th-ranked Panthers (20-7) were in command from the beginning against the unranked Highlanders from Spokane, leading 22-10 after one quarter and 43-22 at halftime.
Fenner, a 6-foot-6 senior headed to Nevada next season, matched his season average while playing only about a minute and a half into the fourth quarter. He had 21 points by halftime.
Fenner hit a three-pointer, then dunked after a Laurence Hicks steal to give the Panthers a 70-35 lead late in the game.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
Jordan Kitchen added 12 points and Hicks 11 for Prep.
Skyler Kelley, one of Shadle’s top scorers, was held to two points.
At University 65, Enumclaw 57
The ninth-ranked Titans (16-7) from Spokane built an eight-point halftime lead and held on to knock out the Hornets (16-11). Perry Rockwood scored a game-high 20 points for Enumclaw.