Jalen Woodward scored just over a minute into the game to lead Seattle Prep to a 1-0 win over host Bainbridge in a 3A state quarterfinal girls soccer game on Friday night.
The No. 10 Panthers, who lost in the first round of the state tournament last year, advance to play the winner of Saturday’s Bishop Blanchet-Liberty game next Friday at 4 p.m. at Puyallup’s Sparks Stadium.
Liberty is coming off a 2-0 victory over No. 1-ranked Columbia River in the first round on Wednesday.
No. 5 Bainbridge, which also lost in last year’s first round, was without leading scorer Riley Gregoire for the entire second half. Gregoire was injured 11 minutes before halftime and left the game.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
It was the third matchup between the two Metro League Mountain Division teams this season, and the first one that didn’t end in a draw.
Seattle Prep improved to 13-3-6, while Bainbridge’s season ended at 14-3-2.