Madi Schreyer struck out 14 in a four-hitter and Alex Boyd homered as Woodinville improved to 21-1 with a 10-0 shutout of Bothell.
KENMORE — Madi Schreyer struck out 14 in a four-hit masterpiece and Alex Boyd homered as Woodinville beat Bothell 10-0 Friday night at Inglemoor High School in the championship game of the KingCo 4A tournament.
Both teams advance to state.
It was the 14th consecutive victory for Woodinville (21-1), which hasn’t lost since a 3-2 defeat on March 30 against North Medford, Ore.
Tori Lettus was 3 for 3 with two RBI, Nicole Shavlik was 2 for 2 with a triple, Emily Jackson was 2 for 3 with a triple and Boyd also went 2 for 3 for Woodinville.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
Most Read Stories
The Falcons outscored three KingCo tournament opponents 28-4.
Newport 6, Ballard 1 (winner 3rd, loser out)
Kat Wood homered and tossed a five-hitter as Newport took third place. Sydney Tomlinson and Madelyn Shelby each went 3 for 4 for the Knights. Newport hosts Snohomish, the No. 3 WesCo team, in a winner-to-state, loser-out game at 2 p.m. Saturday at Inglemoor.