Junior forward Danny South had a hat trick and Roosevelt overcame an early deficit to beat Richland 3-1 Friday night in a Class 4A boys soccer state quarterfinal game.
RICHLAND — Danny South had a hat trick and Roosevelt overcame an early deficit to beat Richland 3-1 Friday night in a Class 4A boys soccer state quarterfinal game.
The surprising Roughriders (13-5-2), who entered the playoffs as the sixth seed from the tough KingCo Conference, advanced to the semifinals next Friday at Sparks Stadium in Puyallup. They will face the winner of Saturday’s quarterfinal between Union (Vancouver) and Ferris (Spokane).
South, a junior midfielder, scored in the 15th, 43rd and 48th minutes after Richland (11-6) scored only eight minutes into the game.
It was the seventh straight victory for the Roughriders, who got their first state-playoff win since 2005 when they beat Central Kitsap 3-2 in overtime in the first round.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done