A capsule look at this weekend's girls and boys regional playoff games.
Things to watch at the high-school basketball regionals this weekend:
CLASS 4A BOYS
• Auburn (16-9) vs. No. 2 Jackson (23-0), Jackson H.S., 6 p.m. Saturday. Jackson is only undefeated team in 4A; Auburn won two one-point games to get here.
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Google plans new HQ, and a city fears being overrun
Most Read Stories
• Jefferson (14-11) vs. Curtis (23-2), Puyallup H.S., 6 p.m. Saturday. Curtis is best team out of SPSL; it’s Jefferson’s first playoff game in more than 25 years.
• No. 10 Arlington (20-3) vs. No. 8 Bellarmine Prep (16-8), Puyallup H.S., 4 p.m. Saturday. Bellarmine scored just 29 points in last game, a loss to Curtis.
• Isaac Dotson, 6-3, Sr., Newport. WSU football signee is one of area’s best all-around players.
• Daryon James, 6-1, Sr., Jefferson. Scored at least 20 in four of last five games, including 31 in last outing.
• Trevaunté Williams, 6-5, Sr., Garfield. Averages 15 points; as skilled as they come near basket.
Garfield (22-1). Bulldogs have won 22 in a row, including two against No. 3 Bothell.
CLASS 4A GIRLS
• No. 6 Arlington (29-4) vs. No. 7 Beamer (20-5), Puyallup H.S., 6 p.m. Friday. Young Beamer team enjoying historic season, and might not be done.
• Kentwood (18-6) vs. No. 3 Lynnwood (22-1), Jackson H.S., 8 p.m. Friday. Athletic teams could combine for a lot of points.
• Union (18-8) vs. No. 4 Gonzaga Prep (21-3), Rogers (Puyallup) H.S., 6 p.m. Friday. Check out how just good G-Prep might be.
• Brittany McPhee, 6-0, Jr., Mount Rainier. Might score 30 if top-ranked Rams need her to.
• Haley Smith, 6-1, Sr., Skyline. Colorado commit does a little of everything.
• Brooke Pahukoa, 5-9, Sr., Lake Stevens. One of state’s best shooters, even with dislocated finger.
Mead (21-1). Panthers on 15-game prowl since loss to University.
CLASS 3A BOYS
• No. 8 Franklin (16-9) vs. No. 5 Stanwood (18-5), Glacier Peak H.S., 6 p.m. Saturday. One of only two games featuring two ranked 3A teams.
• Glacier Peak (19-5) vs. No. 2 Rainier Beach (21-4), Bellevue College, 4 p.m. Saturday. Repeat of last year’s regional game. Beach went on to win state title.
• No. 6 Mountlake Terrace (20-3) vs. No. 7 Foss (17-6), Glacier Peak H.S., 4 p.m. Saturday. Perhaps best matchup of weekend; Foss’ Dezmyn Trent capable of scoring 40.
• Patrick Ball, 6-5, Sr., Franklin. Explosive guard has scored more than 20 points 10 times.
• Greg Bowman, 6-7, Jr., Mountlake Terrace. Averages 12.3 points, is double-double waiting to happen.
• Marquis Davis, 5-9, Sr., Rainier Beach. State tournament MVP a year ago.
Stanwood (18-5). Spartans have won nine straight.
CLASS 3A GIRLS
• No. 5 Bellevue (23-2) vs. No. 1 Prairie (21-3), Mount Tahoma H.S., 6 p.m. Friday. Can young Wolverines send defending champs packing?
• Holy Names (20-6) at University (13-10), 6 p.m. Friday. Don’t let U-Hi’s record fool you; Cougars have their hands full.
• Mercer Island (20-7) vs. No. 7 Everett (13-10), Glacier Peak H.S., 8 p.m. Friday. Seagulls on late-season surge.
• Sidney Rielly, 6-0, Jr., Everett. Scores in and out, and often.
• Makala Roper, 5-8, Jr., Cleveland. Opposing coaches call her “sniper” because of her aim.
• Shelby Cansler, 6-0, Fr., Bellevue. KingCo 3A/2A MVP already playing beyond her years.
Cleveland (23-2). Eagles have swooped up 22 straight wins since losses to out-of-state teams.
Jayson Jenks and Sandy Ringer