The ninth-ranked Vikings won for the 10th time in 11 games as they wrapped up a spot in the Class 4A quarterfinals.
WENATCHEE — Brooke Pahukoa had 28 points and 11 rebounds as Lake Stevens rolled to the state tournament with a 54-34 rout of Davis of Yakima Friday night.
It was the highest scoring output for Pahukoa, a 5-foot-9 senior, since she scored 42 in the season’s second game.
The Class 4A girls basketball tournament opens Thursday at the Tacoma Dome. Ninth-ranked Lake Stevens (19-7) will go into the quarterfinals with 10 wins in its past 11 games.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
Most Read Stories
Mead 67, Puyallup 41
At Wenatchee, second-ranked Mead of Spokane raced to a 41-16 halftime lead. Ashlyn Lewey scored 23 for the Panthers (22-1). Addie Picha had 10 for Puyallup (20-6), which lost four of its final six games.