The ninth-ranked Vikings won for the 10th time in 11 games as they wrapped up a spot in the Class 4A quarterfinals.
WENATCHEE — Brooke Pahukoa had 28 points and 11 rebounds as Lake Stevens rolled to the state tournament with a 54-34 rout of Davis of Yakima Friday night.
It was the highest scoring output for Pahukoa, a 5-foot-9 senior, since she scored 42 in the season’s second game.
The Class 4A girls basketball tournament opens Thursday at the Tacoma Dome. Ninth-ranked Lake Stevens (19-7) will go into the quarterfinals with 10 wins in its past 11 games.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
Most Read Stories
Mead 67, Puyallup 41
At Wenatchee, second-ranked Mead of Spokane raced to a 41-16 halftime lead. Ashlyn Lewey scored 23 for the Panthers (22-1). Addie Picha had 10 for Puyallup (20-6), which lost four of its final six games.