O'Dea raced to a big first-quarter lead and held off second-ranked Seattle Prep 58-56 on the Panthers' court.
O’Dea raced to a 17-7 first-quarter lead and held off Seattle Prep 58-56 Tuesday night on the Panthers’ court.
It was the first Metro Mountain boys basketball defeat for Seattle Prep (13-2 overall, 10-1). Ranked No. 2 in the state in Class 3A, the Panthers hadn’t lost since Dec. 22 to Bishop Montgomery of Torrance, Calif., in a tournament in California.
Tyler Kidd scored 19 points and Jamie Orme had 14 for unranked O’Dea (7-8, 6-5).
D.J. Fenner scored 25 for the Panthers, who beat the Irish last month on O’Dea’s floor, 56-53.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit