O'Dea raced to a big first-quarter lead and held off second-ranked Seattle Prep 58-56 on the Panthers' court.
O’Dea raced to a 17-7 first-quarter lead and held off Seattle Prep 58-56 Tuesday night on the Panthers’ court.
It was the first Metro Mountain boys basketball defeat for Seattle Prep (13-2 overall, 10-1). Ranked No. 2 in the state in Class 3A, the Panthers hadn’t lost since Dec. 22 to Bishop Montgomery of Torrance, Calif., in a tournament in California.
Tyler Kidd scored 19 points and Jamie Orme had 14 for unranked O’Dea (7-8, 6-5).
D.J. Fenner scored 25 for the Panthers, who beat the Irish last month on O’Dea’s floor, 56-53.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite