The Northshore School District is forming a committee to explore renaming Pop Keeney Stadium in Bothell.
“A request has been made to change the name of Pop Keeney Stadium. Per School Board Policy 9250P, the superintendent shall select a committee whose purpose it will be to submit to the Board of Directors a recommendation,” the district said on its website.
The request was made to rename the stadium “Pop Keeney Memorial Park” to honor veterans from the Bothell area.
Pop Keeney was dedicated to Harold “Pop” Keeney, who was Bothell’s first football coach, in 1953. Bothell, Inglemoor and Woodinville high schools call it home as will North Creek High, when it opens in the fall.
Most Read Stories
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Investigators’ task to find out why U.S. destroyer failed to dodge cargo ship
- Police investigate officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Mike Hopkins beats out former team to secure Hameir Wright for UW men's basketball
- Kent police fatally shoot man after car chase