The Northshore School District is forming a committee to explore renaming Pop Keeney Stadium in Bothell.
“A request has been made to change the name of Pop Keeney Stadium. Per School Board Policy 9250P, the superintendent shall select a committee whose purpose it will be to submit to the Board of Directors a recommendation,” the district said on its website.
The request was made to rename the stadium “Pop Keeney Memorial Park” to honor veterans from the Bothell area.
Pop Keeney was dedicated to Harold “Pop” Keeney, who was Bothell’s first football coach, in 1953. Bothell, Inglemoor and Woodinville high schools call it home as will North Creek High, when it opens in the fall.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Thanks to Amazon, Seattle is now America’s biggest company town
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- Amazon’s new Bellevue bookstore shows brick-and-mortar ramp-up