The Northshore School District is forming a committee to explore renaming Pop Keeney Stadium in Bothell.
“A request has been made to change the name of Pop Keeney Stadium. Per School Board Policy 9250P, the superintendent shall select a committee whose purpose it will be to submit to the Board of Directors a recommendation,” the district said on its website.
The request was made to rename the stadium “Pop Keeney Memorial Park” to honor veterans from the Bothell area.
Pop Keeney was dedicated to Harold “Pop” Keeney, who was Bothell’s first football coach, in 1953. Bothell, Inglemoor and Woodinville high schools call it home as will North Creek High, when it opens in the fall.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the second and third rounds
- Highway 99 tolling: Here's how much you could pay, according to new analysis
- Offer help to daughter every which way; it may build a bond | Dear Carolyn