The No. 1 Lynnwood girls basketball team broke open what was a close game at halftime to defeat No. 8 Arlington, 58-40, in a battle of the top teams in WesCo 4A.
The Royals (12-1, 8-0 WesCo) took a 29-26 lead into halftime, but burst out of the break and went on an 18-2 run that spanned the entire third quarter and cruised to the win at Arlington’s gym.
Sophomore Mikayla Pivec led Lynnwood with 14 points and 19 rebounds, while Monty Cooper added 12 and Jasmin Edwards had 12.
It was the second straight loss after a perfect 12-0 start for the Eagles (12-2, 7-2 WesCo), who were the runners-up at the 4A state championship last year.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle