The No. 1 Lynnwood girls basketball team broke open what was a close game at halftime to defeat No. 8 Arlington, 58-40, in a battle of the top teams in WesCo 4A.
The Royals (12-1, 8-0 WesCo) took a 29-26 lead into halftime, but burst out of the break and went on an 18-2 run that spanned the entire third quarter and cruised to the win at Arlington’s gym.
Sophomore Mikayla Pivec led Lynnwood with 14 points and 19 rebounds, while Monty Cooper added 12 and Jasmin Edwards had 12.
It was the second straight loss after a perfect 12-0 start for the Eagles (12-2, 7-2 WesCo), who were the runners-up at the 4A state championship last year.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched