The No. 1 Lynnwood girls basketball team broke open what was a close game at halftime to defeat No. 8 Arlington, 58-40, in a battle of the top teams in WesCo 4A.
The Royals (12-1, 8-0 WesCo) took a 29-26 lead into halftime, but burst out of the break and went on an 18-2 run that spanned the entire third quarter and cruised to the win at Arlington’s gym.
Sophomore Mikayla Pivec led Lynnwood with 14 points and 19 rebounds, while Monty Cooper added 12 and Jasmin Edwards had 12.
It was the second straight loss after a perfect 12-0 start for the Eagles (12-2, 7-2 WesCo), who were the runners-up at the 4A state championship last year.
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Police question man in bizarre Bellevue hit-and-run incident