The No. 1 Lynnwood girls basketball team broke open what was a close game at halftime to defeat No. 8 Arlington, 58-40, in a battle of the top teams in WesCo 4A.
The Royals (12-1, 8-0 WesCo) took a 29-26 lead into halftime, but burst out of the break and went on an 18-2 run that spanned the entire third quarter and cruised to the win at Arlington’s gym.
Sophomore Mikayla Pivec led Lynnwood with 14 points and 19 rebounds, while Monty Cooper added 12 and Jasmin Edwards had 12.
It was the second straight loss after a perfect 12-0 start for the Eagles (12-2, 7-2 WesCo), who were the runners-up at the 4A state championship last year.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter