Amy-Eloise Neale, a senior at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, helped Great Britain's junior women's team take the bronze medal at the IAAF World Championships in Poland.
Amy-Eloise Neale placed 21st to help Great Britain’s junior women’s team take the bronze medal at the IAAF World Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland on Sunday.
Neale, a senior at Glacier Peak High School of Snohomish, finished a 6 kilometers on a snow- and ice-covered course in 19 minutes, 34 seconds — the top time by a U.S. high-school runner. Neale is a British citizen but has lived in the U.S. since she was 2.
Katie Knight of Spokane was 28th for the U.S. team in 19:52.
The top 12 runners were from Kenya and Ethiopia.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte