Amy-Eloise Neale, a senior at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, helped Great Britain's junior women's team take the bronze medal at the IAAF World Championships in Poland.
Amy-Eloise Neale placed 21st to help Great Britain’s junior women’s team take the bronze medal at the IAAF World Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland on Sunday.
Neale, a senior at Glacier Peak High School of Snohomish, finished a 6 kilometers on a snow- and ice-covered course in 19 minutes, 34 seconds — the top time by a U.S. high-school runner. Neale is a British citizen but has lived in the U.S. since she was 2.
Katie Knight of Spokane was 28th for the U.S. team in 19:52.
The top 12 runners were from Kenya and Ethiopia.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain