Amy-Eloise Neale, a senior at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, helped Great Britain's junior women's team take the bronze medal at the IAAF World Championships in Poland.
Amy-Eloise Neale placed 21st to help Great Britain’s junior women’s team take the bronze medal at the IAAF World Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland on Sunday.
Neale, a senior at Glacier Peak High School of Snohomish, finished a 6 kilometers on a snow- and ice-covered course in 19 minutes, 34 seconds — the top time by a U.S. high-school runner. Neale is a British citizen but has lived in the U.S. since she was 2.
Katie Knight of Spokane was 28th for the U.S. team in 19:52.
The top 12 runners were from Kenya and Ethiopia.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says