Amy-Eloise Neale, a senior at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, helped Great Britain's junior women's team take the bronze medal at the IAAF World Championships in Poland.
Amy-Eloise Neale placed 21st to help Great Britain’s junior women’s team take the bronze medal at the IAAF World Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland on Sunday.
Neale, a senior at Glacier Peak High School of Snohomish, finished a 6 kilometers on a snow- and ice-covered course in 19 minutes, 34 seconds — the top time by a U.S. high-school runner. Neale is a British citizen but has lived in the U.S. since she was 2.
Katie Knight of Spokane was 28th for the U.S. team in 19:52.
The top 12 runners were from Kenya and Ethiopia.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list