Caden Rowland and Jamil Wilson-Jones had big games, but Mount Rainier couldn't overcome a nine-point halftime deficit.
A last-gasp shot by Jefferson of Portland beat Mount Rainier 66-65 on Monday in the King Holiday Hoopfest at Brougham Pavilion.
The Rams had rallied in the second half to take the lead.
Caden Rowland had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and Jamil Wilson-Jones had 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting for Mount Rainier (9-8). The Rams trailed 42-33 at halftime — the largest lead of the game.
Victor Sanders scored 24 and Silas Melson 19 for the Democrats, always one of the top boys programs in Oregon.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?