Caden Rowland and Jamil Wilson-Jones had big games, but Mount Rainier couldn't overcome a nine-point halftime deficit.
A last-gasp shot by Jefferson of Portland beat Mount Rainier 66-65 on Monday in the King Holiday Hoopfest at Brougham Pavilion.
The Rams had rallied in the second half to take the lead.
Caden Rowland had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and Jamil Wilson-Jones had 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting for Mount Rainier (9-8). The Rams trailed 42-33 at halftime — the largest lead of the game.
Victor Sanders scored 24 and Silas Melson 19 for the Democrats, always one of the top boys programs in Oregon.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- What concussion testing did WSU QB Luke Falk have to go through? We ask WSU's team physician, Dr. Dennis Garcia
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough