Caden Rowland and Jamil Wilson-Jones had big games, but Mount Rainier couldn't overcome a nine-point halftime deficit.
A last-gasp shot by Jefferson of Portland beat Mount Rainier 66-65 on Monday in the King Holiday Hoopfest at Brougham Pavilion.
The Rams had rallied in the second half to take the lead.
Caden Rowland had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and Jamil Wilson-Jones had 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting for Mount Rainier (9-8). The Rams trailed 42-33 at halftime — the largest lead of the game.
Victor Sanders scored 24 and Silas Melson 19 for the Democrats, always one of the top boys programs in Oregon.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income