Caden Rowland and Jamil Wilson-Jones had big games, but Mount Rainier couldn't overcome a nine-point halftime deficit.
A last-gasp shot by Jefferson of Portland beat Mount Rainier 66-65 on Monday in the King Holiday Hoopfest at Brougham Pavilion.
The Rams had rallied in the second half to take the lead.
Caden Rowland had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and Jamil Wilson-Jones had 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting for Mount Rainier (9-8). The Rams trailed 42-33 at halftime — the largest lead of the game.
Victor Sanders scored 24 and Silas Melson 19 for the Democrats, always one of the top boys programs in Oregon.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact