The Conquerors trailed 21-20 before finishing the first half on a 12-0 run to take control in a win over the Timberwolves.
KENT — Kentwood trailed 21-20 with 6:54 left in the second quarter, then finished the half on a 12-0 run to take control in a 61-43 girls basketball victory over Jackson on Monday in the King Showcase at the ShoWare Center.
Jackson, which lost Washington commit Kelli Kingma to a knee injury last month, closed to 40-29 midway through the third quarter before Kate Kramer scored seven straight points.
It was 57-34 with just under five minutes to play before Jackson finished strong.
Sarah Toeaina led Kentwood (11-3) with 18 points, seven rebounds, four assists and four steals. Kramer added 13 points, seven boards and four assists, while Kylee Ashley chipped in 12 points and eight rebounds.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
Jackson (8-4), which shot just 24.6 percent, got 19 points from Faithaleen Lopez-Flores and 11 from Sierra Anderson.