The Conquerors trailed 21-20 before finishing the first half on a 12-0 run to take control in a win over the Timberwolves.
KENT — Kentwood trailed 21-20 with 6:54 left in the second quarter, then finished the half on a 12-0 run to take control in a 61-43 girls basketball victory over Jackson on Monday in the King Showcase at the ShoWare Center.
Jackson, which lost Washington commit Kelli Kingma to a knee injury last month, closed to 40-29 midway through the third quarter before Kate Kramer scored seven straight points.
It was 57-34 with just under five minutes to play before Jackson finished strong.
Sarah Toeaina led Kentwood (11-3) with 18 points, seven rebounds, four assists and four steals. Kramer added 13 points, seven boards and four assists, while Kylee Ashley chipped in 12 points and eight rebounds.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
Jackson (8-4), which shot just 24.6 percent, got 19 points from Faithaleen Lopez-Flores and 11 from Sierra Anderson.