The Conquerors trailed 21-20 before finishing the first half on a 12-0 run to take control in a win over the Timberwolves.
KENT — Kentwood trailed 21-20 with 6:54 left in the second quarter, then finished the half on a 12-0 run to take control in a 61-43 girls basketball victory over Jackson on Monday in the King Showcase at the ShoWare Center.
Jackson, which lost Washington commit Kelli Kingma to a knee injury last month, closed to 40-29 midway through the third quarter before Kate Kramer scored seven straight points.
It was 57-34 with just under five minutes to play before Jackson finished strong.
Sarah Toeaina led Kentwood (11-3) with 18 points, seven rebounds, four assists and four steals. Kramer added 13 points, seven boards and four assists, while Kylee Ashley chipped in 12 points and eight rebounds.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income
Most Read Stories
Jackson (8-4), which shot just 24.6 percent, got 19 points from Faithaleen Lopez-Flores and 11 from Sierra Anderson.