A 17-1 run led Benson Tech of Portland to a victory over the Lancers, and Foss crushed Columbia River behind Dezmyn Trent's 41 points and 16 rebounds.
KENT — Kennedy Catholic was not able to overcome a scoring lapse and defensive collapse in the first half, falling to Benson Tech of Portland 49-34 on Monday in the King Showcase at the ShoWare Center.
The Techmen (9-5) outscored the Lancers (11-4) 17-1 during a nine-minute stretch that began late in the first quarter. Cole Madison led Kennedy with 10 points, all in the second half.
Vonte Carter led Benson with 15 points.
Other boys games
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
Most Read Stories
Foss 60, Columbia River 29
Dezmyn Trent, cousin of Seattle University’s Clarence Trent, poured in a career-high 41 points and added 16 rebounds as the Falcons from Tacoma cruised past the Chieftains from Vancouver.
Trent hit an array of shots, including a trio of three-pointers.
Foss (12-3), ranked seventh in the state in Class 3A, led 9-3 at the end of the first quarter and opened the second with a 13-0 spurt.