The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) announced six inductees for the Class of 2014 Hall of Fame.
This year’s inductees include athletes Kate Starbird of Lakes High School and Lori Henry of Shorewood High School. Coach inductees are Tom Kramer of South Whidbey High School and Jim Clem of Dayton High School and Burlington-Edison.
Also honored is fine arts inductee Dave Weatherred of the Spokane School District and Steven Colby, who has been a basketball official for 41 years.
All six will be honored at a May 7 luncheon at the Renton Pavilion Event Center. Tickets are $20.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
• The Washington State women’s tennis team (17-8) beat Denver University 6-0 Wednesday in Pullman.
• The Seattle University baseball team (12-15) beat Concordia 5-2 at Bannerwood Park. Grant Newton had two RBI.
• The Seattle University softball team (13-27) suffered a pair of losses in a nonconference doubleheader at Portland State, falling 1-0 and 4-3.
• The University of Washington men’s varsity eight rowing team is ranked third in the second USRowing collegiate poll of the season, but the Huskies received just as many first-place votes (5) as the top team, Harvard. The Huskies were also third in last week’s ranking. California is No. 2.
From sports-information reports.