Stars of the Week
Federal Way football
Talk about dynamic debuts! After serving as a backup quarterback last season, Curran carried the ball 21 times for 274 yards and three touchdowns — including jaunts of 51 and 60 yards — to key a 62-42 victory over Rogers of Puyallup in the Eagles’ season opener.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
Bainbridge girls soccer
Last season, Vukic led the Spartans in scoring with 26 goals. Saturday against Liberty of Issaquah, she showed her unselfish side as she assisted on all four goals in Bainbridge’s 4-2 victory. “She knows when to take it to the goal, when to play the give-and-go and when to send the through ball,” coach Scott Druker said.
Bothell football team
The Cougars, coach by Tom Bainter, showed their resiliency by scoring twice in the final three minutes to pull out a 44-43, heart-stopping victory over powerhouse Coeur d’Alene in the Emerald City Kickoff Classic. Sam McPherson was key on both sides of the ball as he returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, then came up with two turnovers to seal the victory.