Seattle Prep cross country
Hardy finished second at the prestigious Stanford Invitational in California Saturday behind Blake Haney of Stockdale (Calif.) High School, who is ranked No. 1 in the nation. Hardy agreed it was “no shame whatsoever” in finishing behind Haney, calling him “an incredible talent.”
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
Federal Way girls soccer
Pelogi, a junior forward, keyed a 4-0 victory over Rogers of Puyallup with two goals and an assist last week and also accounted for both Eagles goals in a 3-2 loss to Emerald Ridge. She has 11 goals and two assists. Coach Lynde Clarke calls her “a player that is not afraid to take the ball to goal and make plays happen.”
Holy Names girls cross country team
Coach Erin McCormick’s squad pushed the first three runners across in the Bellevue Invitational, led by freshman Gabby Reeves, and edged Tahoma for the team title, 29-30. The Bears are ranked No. 4 in Class 4A this season, while Holy Names is unranked in 3A.