Auburn Riverside football
Thomson was at his best as the Ravens improved to 6-0 and clinched a playoff berth with a 40-27 victory over Kent-Meridian. He had a hand in all seven touchdowns, passing for five and running for the other two. Thomson completed 18 of 28 passes for a career-high 401 yards and added 30 yards rushing. “Big-time players make big-time plays,” coach Bryant Thomas said. “He stepped up.”
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
When it comes to giving up goals, Swensen is stingy. The senior keeper recorded two more shutouts last week — 1-0 over Marysville-Pilchuck and 3-0 over Everett — as the Scots improved to 8-1-1. She has eight shutouts on the year (30 over the past three seasons) and has allowed just three goals. “She is a hard worker with a desire to be better each practice and game,” coach Mindy Dalziel said.
The Warriors, coached by Nicole Bordeaux, handed Snohomish its first WesCo 4A loss of the season, 3-1, then followed with an impressive showing at the Wenatchee Invitational. They reached the tournament semifinals before losing to nationally ranked Bellarmine Prep of Tacoma.