Auburn Riverside football
Thomson was at his best as the Ravens improved to 6-0 and clinched a playoff berth with a 40-27 victory over Kent-Meridian. He had a hand in all seven touchdowns, passing for five and running for the other two. Thomson completed 18 of 28 passes for a career-high 401 yards and added 30 yards rushing. “Big-time players make big-time plays,” coach Bryant Thomas said. “He stepped up.”
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Redmond shoplifting spree goes awry when thief hits wife with truck, charges say
Most Read Stories
When it comes to giving up goals, Swensen is stingy. The senior keeper recorded two more shutouts last week — 1-0 over Marysville-Pilchuck and 3-0 over Everett — as the Scots improved to 8-1-1. She has eight shutouts on the year (30 over the past three seasons) and has allowed just three goals. “She is a hard worker with a desire to be better each practice and game,” coach Mindy Dalziel said.
The Warriors, coached by Nicole Bordeaux, handed Snohomish its first WesCo 4A loss of the season, 3-1, then followed with an impressive showing at the Wenatchee Invitational. They reached the tournament semifinals before losing to nationally ranked Bellarmine Prep of Tacoma.