Auburn Riverside football
Thomson was at his best as the Ravens improved to 6-0 and clinched a playoff berth with a 40-27 victory over Kent-Meridian. He had a hand in all seven touchdowns, passing for five and running for the other two. Thomson completed 18 of 28 passes for a career-high 401 yards and added 30 yards rushing. “Big-time players make big-time plays,” coach Bryant Thomas said. “He stepped up.”
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
When it comes to giving up goals, Swensen is stingy. The senior keeper recorded two more shutouts last week — 1-0 over Marysville-Pilchuck and 3-0 over Everett — as the Scots improved to 8-1-1. She has eight shutouts on the year (30 over the past three seasons) and has allowed just three goals. “She is a hard worker with a desire to be better each practice and game,” coach Mindy Dalziel said.
The Warriors, coached by Nicole Bordeaux, handed Snohomish its first WesCo 4A loss of the season, 3-1, then followed with an impressive showing at the Wenatchee Invitational. They reached the tournament semifinals before losing to nationally ranked Bellarmine Prep of Tacoma.