Garfield boys cross country
Stanish turned in the fastest time of the day at the KingCo 4A boys championship last week, 3A or 4A. He finished in 15 minutes, 19 seconds – more than six seconds faster than the runner-up. Stanish led the sixth-ranked Bulldogs to the team title with 37 points.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Federal Way girls swimming
Winning wasn’t going to be enough for Ramey in her final SPSL 4A championship meet. She rewrote her own meet records in the 50 freestyle and 100 butterfly with times of 24.06 and 57.21, respectively.“When she challenges herself — stand back and watch her go,” coach Carla Boone said.
Cleveland football team
It had been more than a decade since Cleveland beat Rainier Beach on the football field. Coach Jeff Schmidt’s crew decided this would be the year to end the drought. Sure enough, the Eagles got the job done, 35-29 — and on Beach’s homecoming night.